Thick, rich gravy based dish with peas, mushroom and cottage cheese- Who wouldn't love it? It is really flavorful and works great with rice/roti.
250 gms cottage cheese (cubed)
1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
1 medium sized onion (chopped fine)
1 tomato chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 tsp grated ginger
3 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
1/4 cup cream
Salt (according to taste)
Oil for cooking
Green chilli (1 chopped)
Spices used for flavor-
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
dash of fenugreek leaves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 small bay leaf
1/2 piece cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
Coriander leaves chopped (for garnishing- according to taste)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Fry for a couple of seconds (they will start to sputter). Add cinnamon & bay leaf- allow the oil to absorb the flavor.
- Add garlic, ginger and green chilli pieces- fry for a couple of minutes.
- Mix onions and cook them till they begin to turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook on a low flame till they become mushy.
- Mix chilli powder, coriander powder, dash of cardamom, garam masala and fenugreek leaves.
- Continue cooking on a medium flame till the oil separates.
- Add a bit of water to make it a bit saucy.
- Add mushrooms, peas to the sauce and adjust salt according to taste.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add cottage cheese and blend well.
- Pour in the fresh cream and mix well.